Saturday, March 7, 2009

Paris, je t'aime

We hear that the French dislike the Americans, but oh no, no ma chérie, I know that the House of Paris fashion would adore what I would have to say. Here’s a little of my take on Paris Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2009.

Captain, the ship has taken off. Nina Ricci by Captain Oliver Theyskens is taken us back to the space age. Volumized shoulders and architectural designs makes up our slow movement into a transition of the future. Une belle!














Balmain by Christophe Decarnin is bringing sexy back with more sequins and mini dresses screaming for legs! Legs! Legs! Erin Wasson made a comeback strutting down the runway proving she’s a triple threat, modeling, styling, and designing. Balmain was hot, and from those bright lights and all that black I’m sure the models were too.












Nicolas Ghesquière is a genius, but this was not one of my favorites of his. Pleats, jewel tones, and prints in draped silk summed up his collection. It was a softer feminine look for Nicholas. Beautiful, but not as inventive as usual. Ghesquière, I vote taking it up a notch for the next collection.












When I think Maison Martin Margiela, I think alien. It was intangible and I believe some sort of statement was to be made. I don’t really know where anyone would wear this collection unless you were Britney Spears making a comeback from an MTV performance. Like him and his collection, it was invisible. Fashion is supposed to be complex and put you into a different place, but Maison Martin Margiela caused just plain confusion.












Of course Lanvin was alluring, when is it not? Completed with red, black and neutral tones, Lanvin was adorned in trims and ornaments making this collection have attitude and sophistication all in one. Beautiful shapes and fur created this cohesive collection, keeping Lanvin in its safety net. I'm a realist," declared designer Alber Elbaz. And realism is what he gave us.












Isabel Marant makes the best clothing for girls. Who doesn’t want to wear this! It’s so Parisian, so New York, so Cali, It’s girls just wanna have fun 2009 style. Another collection where I can say I WANT IT ALL and ALL of it will be worn in good health. Keep it up Isabel, I’m always impressed.












Again Paris wasn’t in my travel plans this year, but the French better watch it because I’m going fashion crazy full speed ahead.

~Au Revoir America, You will miss me
Cykic

No comments: