Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thank You Stanley Kubrick

There’s something about London Fashion Week that makes me think “Wow, New York is not that innovative.” We have style, yes, but British fashion is always in full cycle with it’s own ingenuity.

I think London Fashion Week is a great time to explore up and coming designers as well as past designers who have created an empire.

I’ll begin with a more established designer who I feel will keep on rising to the top. Christopher Kane is defining his role as an artist. In his Spring 2010 collection he took a classic, giving it a fresh take. With a theme of Lolita, Kane wowed me as outfit after outfit got better. There’s something eerie and mysterious about the girl who wears Christopher Kane’s designs. It’s a good thing, I promise.

Here’s My Top 5:






















































Chris-to the toe-to the pher has been on my blog a lot lately? Maybe a gift could be in the works?

Cykic

More Londoners to come.

No comments: