Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A West Side Story in South America

Inspired by the 90’s phenomena of Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, and Naomi Campbell, Dolce and Gabbana made a collection full of menswear tailoring, see through lace, and rose patterned silhouettes. They adore the female form and gave their collection a South American angle with the eye-popping color of red. Every outfit that came down the runway mesmerized me. Here are a couple of my faves for your viewing pleasure, plus a video off Style.com recapping the stunning show.


















I kind of picture Anita from West Side Story in her red dress.

Anyone with me on that?

Cykic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see Anita in the red dress! That's a great collection-- I can just see some spoiled, beautiful Argentinian woman lounging about in any of the dresses. Weird compliment, but I think it's what they were going for.