Sunday, April 5, 2009

Keep Dreaming Because You'll Never Be This Good


I don’t have the time to see all of the crappy Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall Movies. Spare me the dirty jokes that I’ve heard before and all the new I wish I were Ben Stiller or Will Ferrell actors, but when Valentino: The Last Emperor came out there was no question about whether or not I would fit this legend into my busy schedule. It was a documentary based on the 45 years of Valentino’s success. His impeccable construction, his all about me attitude, and his five pugs kept my eyes wide open and jaw dropped. From June 2005 to July 2007, the filmmakers shot over 250 hours of footage with exclusive, unprecedented access to Valentino and his entourage.
A big part of the film showed Valentino’s longtime business partner and close friend, Giancarlo Giammatti. He is so much more apart of the Valentino line then you could ever imagine. Without him Valentino would still be successful, but not as much of an empire as we know it. In this 1 hour 30 minute long film, you learn just how unbelievably talented Valentino is. No one will ever have his skills of a couturier like himself. Dressing Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Audrey Hepburn is an honor of its own and Valentino takes the crown of success in his career.


On September 4, 2007 Valentino announced that he would retire fully from the world stage after his last Haute-Couture show in Paris. He delivered his last women's Ready-to-wear show in Paris on October 4 to an insane applause. Go see this Master piece directed by Matt Tyrnauer and remember you’ll never be as talented as Valentino
The truth hurts, but Valentino will always reign over you.
-Cykic

No comments: