Sunday, September 20, 2009

Save the Best for Last

The Last of New York and the Best. The next few collections I show you are my all time favorites.
Phi had a lot of black and beige hit the stage with an ace bandage effect and a do not mess with me appeal. So hot, so wearable.

































































Preen has had a lot of criticism with this collection based on the pieces adorned in topiary frills. Different editors and bloggers explained no one wants to wear that much extra fabric to add weight to their body! But I disagree, the dresses were full of personality and gave a fun look to an expressive romanticism.









































Threeasfour with some help of Yoko Ono playing muse to the trio of designers, I absolutely adored this collection. Ready-to-wear did not take a part, but who cares! New York needs a little avant garde once in awhile.









































Rodarte, I am never disappointed. That’s all I have to say. I love.









































Porenzo Schouler definitely has an edge to them, but they made their summer collection edgy with color, which I thought looked unreal. You think edgy, you think black, but no no, Lazaro Hernandez and partner Jack McCollough know what’s up and how to make an edge appeal to more than just one type of person.









































Julian Louie, Not the most popular of designers, but I expect a major turn around with that. His mesh body suits sets him apart from most New York designers giving his obscurity a secretive locomotive. Where did Julian Louie come from? God.




























A beautiful ending to a beautiful New York Fashion Week.

Next Stop,

London.

~ I wish.

Cykic

No comments: