Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Want That and That and That

It seems to me that most designers have decided to play it safe this season. On the other hand, Jill Stuart went out of her comfort zone and made her soft aesthetic into a dark fantasy world.

Jill, you outdid yourself and fabulousity is hardly the word for it. With a color palette of black, white, and light pink, Jill Stuart brought me into a mirage of stunning silhouettes I would love to call my own. Like most of the designers, she brought a darker theme to Fashion Week, but she combined it with a Jill Stuartesque beauty. It was a secret garden filled with pink flowers and black thorns, that I wouldn’t mind getting pricked by. Lace, velvet, chiffon, and leather, it really doesn’t get much better. So while I matte on some thick, dark eyeliner, put on my chiffon ruffled dress, and black leather jacket, I’m going vixen chic and paying esteem to Jill Stuart.






















































Sadly, New York Fashion Week is over tomorrow. I will no longer be face to face with the clothing I love so dearly. I’m quite depressed, but lucky for you I’m reporting on everything type worthy I see. Fashion: It was love at first sight. Much Love Anna Wintour, but soon I’ll be calling all the shots.
~Hello, Vogue!
Cykic

No comments: