Monday, February 23, 2009

You would all be on the A-List if I styled you.

Recession Schmession, This year’s Oscar fashions weren’t played safe! I was jumping for joy as Hugh Jackman steals my attention with a fabulous opener. The fashion was widespread and better than it has been in awhile.

Freida Pinto looked mesmerizing in John Galliano. I was absolutely stunned by the shape, fabric, and the intricate beading. I have added this to my list of what designers should give me, so John-get to it.

It was great to see Rodarte on the red carpet. Natalie Portman and Reese Witherspoon both wore the fragile gowns designed by the Mulleavy sisters. Natalie Portman’s orchid pink dress was very beautiful, but I think would have looked even better in a lighter pink or a neutral tone. Reese’s gown flowed like water-a true reflection of Rodarte’s design aesthetic. Well done sisters, your Japanese horror film fetish has caught the public eye. 
Reese Witherspoon PictureNatalie Portman Picture
SJP, your style is impeccable, but this Dior Haute Couture is better left in the way back of Carrie Bradshaw’s closet. Sarah Jessica Parker wasn’t at the top of my list, but she is too fabulous to not be on it.

Tilda Swinton in Lanvin and Meryl Streep in Alberta Ferratti both made great decisions on their choice of fashion. Very age appropriate and flattering girls-Diane Keaton take a tip from these two.  


Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab Couture brought old Hollywood back and a taste of the ever so beautiful Grace Kelly. 

Leslie Mann looked gorgeous in Dolce and Gabbana. I am not the biggest fan of the full on mirrored look, but she looked A-List and it fit her body to a T. 
Leslie Mann Picture
Every Oscar Show there has to be some disappointments. 
So let me begin with Amy Adams. Amy, you’re a classy lady, but you caught me by surprise in your choice of an unflattering gown by Carolina Herrera. The color and the mixed fabric material made me “Doubt” your fashion sense.

Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, whatever your name is, come on now! Miley wore a gown by Zuhair Murad. The  dress was costumesque and you should be at least 10 years older. People think you’re somewhat talented, so quit with the bad style rep. You look like Mother Ginger (from the Nutcracker) about to unzip the bottom of her dress for the polichinelles to come out dance. 

Oscar Fashion wowed me this year. The Oscars are back on top. Let’s keep it that way.
-Tim Gunn: Give me a call; we should host the Oscars together next year.
Cykic

No comments: